At churches some children’s behavior is very cliquey and poor. Why?
1. What gospel message are we presenting the kids. Well one church seems to offer several messages. Asking Jesus into your heart, accepting Jesus as your Savior, and Repenting and trusting Christ as Savior are common ones.
2. Asking Jesus into your heart. You will find this nowhere in the Bible.
3. Accepting Jesus as your Savior. We do have to aknowledge him as Savior and we either accept or reject Him. But Jesus knows who will accept Him and who will reject Him. We have free will but God knows everything so of course he knows what we will choose even before we choose it. And it isn’t simply accepting Jesus.
4. Repenting and Trusting. You will find this phrase,”Repenting.” all over the Bible. And the Bible cleary states we have to trust in Christ as well.
5. What is Repenting, the only option left? You may say,”It’s not the only option left but are we going to trust our warped, partial thinking or God’s holy, pure, infallible Word. What is Repenting? Well the dictionary says to turn from your sins. What does that mean. Turning from your sins means that you understand your need for a Savior. You hate your sin, sorry for what you have done in the past. It does not mean we will not sin but it does mean we will not want to sin. If you think you can sin more now that you have grace to cover you, you should rethink your motives.
6. How does this affect Children’s behavior. With all these gospel presentations their minds get muddeled and they reject the whole idea. You see it gets complicated with all these gospel messages. Now, with the false idea that they are a Christian they feel at peace. Why not. There is grace enough to cover them. And they behave poorly. Not just because they think they have grace but because they aren’t a true Christian they want to look good and cool to others. They may even come from a biblical worldview but if this teaching continues they will never see their true condition.